Thanksgiving heralds the last gasp of fall and the onset of winter, with its focus on squash, fowl and root vegetables. It also marks the beginning of the winter farmers' market season, and this year the census of markets open year round has increased to eight…count 'em…eight! All full of vendors willing to brave the elements with a plethora of fresh, lively produce harvested from their fields (whether under cover or not). For times, dates and maps please consult the Oregon Farmers' Market page right here on GoodStuffNW. The full list is:
- Beaverton Farmers Market: First and third Saturdays, Feb.-April, 10 am-1:30 pm.
- Hollywood Farmers Market: First and third Saturdays, Dec.-April, 9 am-1 pm. On NE Hancock between 44th & 45th Ave.
- Hillsdale Farmers' Market: First and third Sundays, Dec.-April, 10 am-2 pm. 1509 SW Sunset Blvd. in Hillsdale.
- Lloyd Farmers' Market: Every Tuesday, 10 am-2 pm. In the Oregon Square Courtyard on NE Holladay Street between NE 7th Ave and NE 9th Ave.
- People's Farmers' Market: Every Wednesday, 2-7 pm. 3029 SE 21st Ave.
- Winter Market at Shemanski: Every Saturday from Jan. 7-Feb. 25, 10 am-2 pm. In the South Park Blocks at Shemanski Park between SW Salmon & SW Main.
- Oregon City Farmers Market: First and third Saturdays, Dec.-April, 10 am-2 pm. On 8th St. at Main in downtown Oregon City.
- Montavilla Winter Stock-up Markets: Second Sundays of the month, Dec.-Feb., 11 am-1 pm. On the 7600 block of SE Stark St.