Details: Hail the Wale Corduroy Appreciation Party. Fri., Nov. 11, 5-8 pm; free. Wear one item of corduroy, get $1 off special cocktail, wear two and get $2 off. The Hop and Vine, 1914 N Killingsworth St. 503-954-3322.
* * *
Foster & Dobbs Authentic Foods a few years ago, I was over the moon. Not just because they were moving into what had been a down-on-its-luck convenience market in the neighborhood, but because they were dedicated to carrying a fantastic selection of cheeses, charcuterie, dry goods and wines from around the world. And when they started offering classes on cheeses, meats and wines with some of the areas best producers, I was completely smitten. On Saturday, Nov. 19, they'll be celebrating their sixth anniversary (Really? Has it been six?) with their biggest blowout yet. Come sip, sample and schmooze with artisan producers like Ben Jacobsen from Jacobsen Salt, Pat Morford from River's Edge Chevre, Eyrie Vineyards, Memaloose Winery, Tao of Tea, Logsdon Organic Farmhouse Ales, Portland Pepper Sauce and Fermin Iberico (right). Should be an awesome party!
Details: Foster & Dobbs Authentic Foods Sixth Anniversary Open House. Sat., Nov. 19, 2-5 pm. Foster & Dobbs, 2518 NE 15th Ave. at Brazee. 503-284-1157.
* * *
- Hollywood Farmers' Market: Open 9 am-1 pm every Saturday until Thanksgiving, then 1st and 3rd Saturdays from Dec.-April. On NE Hancock Street between 44th and 45th Aves., one block south of Sandy Blvd. in the Grocery Outlet parking lot.
- Hillsdale Farmers' Market: Open 10 am-2 pm Sun. through Thanksgiving, then twice monthly Dec.-April (see website for schedule). At 1405 SW Vermont St. in the Wilson High School-Rieke Elementary School parking lot.
- Lloyd Farmers' Market: Open 10 am-2 pm every Tues. (except for Dec. 27). In Oregon Square on NE Holladay St. between 7th & 9th Aves.
- Montavilla Farmers' Market is holding Winter Stock-Up Markets from 11 am-1 pm on Dec. 11, Jan. 8 and Feb. 12. On the 7600 block of SE Stark St.
- Oregon City Winter Farmers' Market: Open 10 am-2 pm every other Sat. from Nov.-April. At the corner of 8th Ave. and Main St., Oregon City.
- People's Farmers' Market: Open 2-7 pm every Wed. year round. At People's Co-op, 3029 SE 21st Ave. on block N of Powell Blvd.
- Winter Market at Shemanski Park: Open 10 am-2 pm Sat., Jan. 7-Feb. 25. In the South Park Blocks between SW Salmon and Main Sts.