This Sunday you might be celebrating spring with chocolate bunnies and a hunt for dyed eggs. You might be going to church in your best hat. Or dancing around a maypole. Or even celebrating International Workers' Day.
- Hollywood Farmers' Market, Sat., April 30, 8 am-1 pm: A test run of the proposed Winter Market that will take over after the regular season ends, it will pilot a proposed year-round market in Hollywood. The regular market season opens Sat., May 7. NE Hancock between 44th & 45th Ave.
- Hillsboro Saturday Farmers' Market, Sat., April 30, 8 am-1:30 pm: This market reminds me of the markets in France where the farmers gather in the middle of town and neighbors come to shop and gossip. Great vendors, wonderful local feeling. On Main Street and 2nd Avenue, one block northwest of the Third Avenue MAX station.
- Hillsboro Sunday Farmers' Market, Sun., May 1, 10 am-2 pm: The second of Hillsboro's markets will open in its location at Orenco Station this season with produce, arts and crafts and live music. In the parking area between Orenco Station Parkway and NE 61st Avenue, just off Cornell Road.
- King Portland Farmers' Market, Sun., May 1, 10 am-2 pm: This popular neighborhood market launches its third season with new vendors and full schedule of events. NE 7th & Wygant between NE Alberta & Prescott in the parking lot adjacent to King Elementary School.
- Buckman Portland Farmers' Market, Thurs., May 5, 3-7 pm: A lively and diverse group of vendors, plus its afternoon hours, makes this market an eastside favorite. SE 20th & Salmon between SE Belmont & Hawthorne in the parking lot of Hinson Baptist Church.