Again, I am forced to confess a personal failing: I am addicted to Twitter, the 140-character microblogging service. I don't check it constantly because I don't have to. I'm on it all the time.
@LilRedBikeCafe on Twitter, aren't helping the situation, either. Portland's so-much-in-love-they-had-to-start-a-restaurant couple is now releasing their secret café recipes on Twitter. Or at least the one for their pulled pork. Complete with secret ingredients, no less!
As tweeted, here it is:
- Secrets to our pulled pork revealed! Start with nice, healthy pork butt. Make rub w/ pepper, paprika, mustard, coffee, ginger, sugar, salt.
- Rub, cover, let sit in fridge overnight. Remove next day, allow to rest @ room temp. 2 hours, place in crockpot. http://twitpic.com/1f7cca
- Top roast w/ garlic and sliced onions. http://twitpic.com/1f7ctu
- Here's the secret! Pour in one bottle of ginger beer. Cover, set crockpot on low 12 hours and cook. http://twitpic.com/1f7d9h
- After 12 hours, remove remaining fat, shred, return to pot along w/bottle of BBQ sauce and cook 4 more hours. Place on buns w/slaw & enjoy