- Lloyd Farmers' Market, Tues., 11/24, 10 am-2 pm; in Oregon Square on NE Holladay St. between 7th and 9th Aves.
- Eastbank Farmers' Market, Tues., 11/24, 1-5 pm; on SE 20th at Salmon between Belmont and Hawthorne.
- People's Farmers' Market, Wed., 11/25, 2-7 pm; 3029 SE 21st between Division and Powell.
* * *
As everyone who reads this blog knows, I'm a total fan of my brother's wine shop, Vino, in Sellwood. With the attitude that it's wine, not brain surgery, he's got a great selection of value-oriented Euro goodness and domestics from the US of A, plus some hard-to-find goodies from some of the finest garagistes in the NW. He's celebrating his 10th anniversary this week with holiday hours and special tastings as follows:
- Sun., 11/22, 12-5 pm: Sampling of Duval-Leroy Brut Champagne and '08 Broadley "Willamette Valley" Pinot Noir; take 15% off any bottle in store
- Holiday Hours: Mon., 11/23, 12-4 pm; Tues., 11/24, 10:30 am-6 pm; Wed., 11/25, 10 am-2 pm; Closed Thurs., 11/26
- Fri., 11/27: Open 10:30 am; Wine tasting of South American red wines, 4:30-8 pm.
- Sat., 11/28: Open 10:30 am-6 pm with free tasting of a selection of great values.
* * *
In this season of celebrating all the things we are thankful for, it's important not to forget those who may be struggling at this time of year. New Deal Distillery is hosting an event they're calling Season's Eatings, a holiday market of local artisan food, wine and spirits on Sat., Dec. 5. Some of the vendors include Organics to You, Monteillet Fromagerie, Random Order Coffeehouse, Nonna's Noodles, Xocolatl de David, Black Sheep Bakery, Little Red Bike Café, Velo Café, River Wave Foods, Pacific Pies and others, and they'll have samples and products available for sale.
Details: Season's Eatings Holiday Market benefit for Oregon Food Bank featuring local food artisans. Sat., Dec. 5, noon-5 pm; free with one perishable food item or cash donation to Oregon Food Bank. At New Deal Distillery, 1311 SE 9th Ave. 503-234-2513.