Iridescently green fava beans. Curly tendrils of snow peas. Garlic shoots sauteed, grilled or chopped. Is there anything better than spring in Oregon?
All of the beauties above and more are available at one of the almost 40 (and counting) farmers' markets in the metro area, so get to one of these opening this week!
- Eastbank Farmers' Market. 3:30-7:30 pm. SE 20th Ave. between Hawthorne and Belmont.
- Fairview Farmers' Market. 4-8 pm. Fairview City Hall, 1300 Village St.
- Beaverton Farmers' Market. 8 am-1 pm. SW Hall Blvd. between 3rd and 5th Sts.
- Canby Saturday Markets. 9 am-1 pm. 1st Ave. at Holly St.
- Cedar Mill Sunset Farmers' Market. 8 am-1 pm. NW Cornell Rd. across from Sunset High School.
- Gresham Farmers' Market. 8:30 am-2 pm. NW 3rd and Miller Sts.
- Hillsboro Farmers' Market at Orenco Station. 10 am-2 pm. NE 61st and Cornell Rd.
- Milwaukie Farmers' Market. 9:30 am-2 pm. SE Main across from City Hall.