Details: Woody Tasch on "Slow Money." Mar. 16, 7 pm; free with RSVP. Ecotrust’s Natural Capital Center, 721 NW 9th Ave. 503-227-6225.
* * *
See a movie for free and indulge in some of the city's best pastries, not to mention a plethora of exotic libations? It's all happening on Monday nights at Pix Patisserie on North Williams Ave., and the schedule looks like a fun one:
- Mar. 9: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990), directed by Steve Barron
- Mar. 16: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991), directed by Michael Pressman
- Mar. 23: Bladerunner (1982), directed by Ridley Scott
- Mar. 30: Pee Wee’s Big Adventure (1985), directed by Tim Burton
* * *
If you like to be close to the action, then Lincoln Restaurant's new series of dinners has your name written all over it. Seated on stools around the large butcher block table in their commercial kitchen, it's dinner next to the stove (literally). Wine and a full bar are available, too, and it should make for some memorable dining!
- Mar. 5: Arugula with blood oranges, pear, almonds and citrus vinaigrette; Pork shoulder with soft polenta and roasted onions; Chocolate slumpcake with nibs and crème fraiche; $25
- Mar. 6: Roasted beets with fromage blanc and salsa verde; Bourride of clams, mussels, true cod, potatoes and fennel; Chocolate espresso cake with maldon salt and crème fraiche; $30
- Mar. 7: Fried fennel with lemon aioi; Puree of cauliflower soup with porcini charlotte; Braised flank steak with olives, red onion and potato gratin; Almond cake with poached pears; $30
- Mar. 8: Chicken curry with chickpeas and garam masala; Green cabbage with mustard seeds and ginger; Apple and carrot raita; Basmati rice; Naan; Vanilla ice cream with butterscotch; $25