- The Hollywood Farmers Market is holding a blowout Season Finale tomorrow, Nov. 22, with the pick of the fall harvest, as well as crafts, baked goods, meats and cheeses. 9 am-1 pm. NE Hancock between 44th and 45th Aves.
- The Hillsdale Farmers' Market will be bustling with holiday shoppers who will find turkeys at Kookoolan; preserves, squash and polenta at Ayers Creek; and a rumor of wild huckleberries at Wild Oregon. Get there early! 10 am-2 pm. In the parking lot at SW Sunset Blvd. and SW Capitol Hwy.
- Moreland Farmers' Market is holding a special Tuesday Holiday Market on Nov. 25th with a full complement of their usual fine vendors and will have a food drive for the Oregon Food Bank. 1 pm-5 pm. At the corner of SE Bybee Blvd. & 14th St.
* * *
Budding impresario Bob Smith is hosting a Tabor Neighbor House Concert featuring the always eclectic Caravan Gogh playing tunes ranging from gypsy waltzes to all out acoustic rock, from calypso inspired dance tunes to serene soundscapes. Fri., Dec. 5, 7 pm; $15 at door, e-mail reservations required. 1240 SE 56th. Phone 503-239-4089.
* * *
The new schedule of Sunday Dinners at Kenny & Zuke's has just flown in and they're pushing into new territory as well as featuring some classics in their upcoming menus:
- Okinawan Goat Roast with chef Janis Martin of Tanuki starring the goat in the title as well as side dishes from this island's cuisine that is "heavily influenced by Korean and Chinese cooking." Sun., Jan. 25, 6 pm; $36.50 without alcohol, $46.50 with alcohol.
- A Dungeness Crab Feed takes Ken back to his roots on the shores of New York and Maryland. Think crab heaped on newspaper-covered tables with dipping sauces galore. Guaranteed to be "a big, messy blast!" Sun., Feb. 22, 6 pm; $36.50 without alcohol, $46.50 with alcohol.
- Emilia Romagna with its "uncommonly sophisticated peasant foods" is the focus of this dinner, and it's sure to be a memorable evening. Sun., Mar. 29, 6 pm; $32.50 without alcohol, $42.50 with alcohol.