Ever since Luan and Tim opened their outpost in the 'hood I've been a huge fan. It's basically an old-fashioned specialty grocery, but in addition to the pastas from Italy shaped like leaves or communion wafers and the gourmet peanut butter, not to mention just about every vegetable that's ever been pickled, they've got an amazing cheese case filled with cheeses from nearly every country that produces the stuff. And lots from small producers right here in Oregon that you'll be hard-pressed to find anywhere else.
They're celebrating their second birthday on Saturday, Nov. 17, with tasty bits to sample (for free!) and a day-long parade of some of their favorite vendors:
- 11:30 to 12:30 - Eric Stubenberg & Lords of Salt (smoked salts)
- 12:00 to 2:00 - Tracy Oseran & Urban Gleaners (Tracy's Small Batch Granola)
- 1:00 to 2:30 - Pam Kraemer & Dulcet Cuisine (spice rubs, mustards, dipping sauces)
- 4:00 to 5:30 - Ben Dyer & Viande Meats and Sausages (pates and charcuterie)
- 4:00 to 6:00 - Nicholas Gunn & Wandering Aengus Ciderworks (hard apple ciders)
Details: Foster & Dobbs 2nd Birthday Celebration. 11 am-7 pm; free. Foster & Dobbs Authentic Foods, 2518 NE 15th Ave. at 15th & Brazee just north of Broadway. Phone 503-284-1157.